2009-06-22

Moment of Zen #10 (for June 23, 2009)

Mixing up Mary & Jesus

I am working as a penguin now.
As a waitress, you know?
And after 8hours at work and 6hours working actually we (the staff) finally were allowed to eat from the buffet as well.
It was that delicious!
But a lot.
And a lot mixed up.
So I asked my colleagues after a while: “Can you tell me where the restrooms are?”
“Oh, that is very easy! Go along the corridor. It’s right on the left side. There’s a Holy Mary on the door. Just right here the left door.”
So I walked along, saw Mary and entered.
And then fate took its course.
I went into the cabin and locked the door.
Everything’s okay.
But suddenly something felt strange.
I was hanging over the toilet bowl – you ought to know, well girls don’t use to “really sit” on foreign toilets – with my waitress-pinafore on the hook when suddenly-
Suddenly somebody came in.
Heavy steps.
And I thought “okay, maybe this is just a heavy woman.”
Male voices.
And I thought “okay, maybe cursed with a deep voice.” – But why isn’t the other-toilet door clapping?
The door swung. Another steps.
Male voices.
And I thought “okay, maybe they took the wrong door.”
Steps. Steps. Steps. Voices.
And I thought “okay, maybe this is an unisex-toilet.”
(Are they even allowed?)
Steps. Steps. Steps. Voices. Other voices I did not really want to think about.
So, finally I thought “okay, it was YOU who really got something wrong right here!”
So what to do?
So I prayed to all gods I don’t believe in to just having a bad dream and wake up. Bud this luck wasn’t mine.
I was still hanging over the toilet-bowl getting really uncomfortable and of course the situation turned out to become exceedingly awkward.
All right. I jumped up from my “hanging-looking-a-small-bundle-of-misery-position”, did my stuff done, got dressed like a penguin again and paused behind the door.
There were times before when there was just silence. So my belief was that I just had to wait for one of those.
Steps. Voices. Steps. Weird sounds.
No loneliness,
no silence at all.
So I stood there, watched the minute hand running out of time.
And that was when I realized “okay, you will have to stand your ground now.”
So I aligned the bow tie, turned the lock, breathed in, gritted my teeth, closed and opened my eyes again and opened the door.
My heart was beating. What A day!
So I screwed up my courage and walked straight forward to the basins.
Fixed like with blinders.
Water. Soap. Tissues.
Not noticing the men starring at me.
Not noticing the men standing in front of the urinals.
(which were exactly right next to the basins…)
When I came out of the Gents it took a load off my mind.
And it turned out that this Holy Mary on the restroom-door was in fact a Jesus-figure.
How could I really have mixed them up?!
This day I was really lucky to not be interested in men. I mean really.
And I should honestly read the Bible now.




References:
http://bible.com /
http://bibel.de

2 comments:

  1. not interested in men? so you are a lesbian? interesting, didn't know that ;) men can be horrible ... trust me, I am one!
    see you on campus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...posted by Victoria ;)
    so - male tori? ^^

    ReplyDelete